- Riverside Elementary
2020 - 21 Kindergarten Information
August 14, 2020
Dear Kindergarten Families,
We are looking forward to welcoming our new kindergarten students to the 2020-2021 school year. All kindergarten families will find important dates and information specific to kindergarten for the start of this school year in this letter. Please view the attached calendar for return/hybrid learning.
- Tuesday, August 18 - Teacher placement shared with families via email
- Thursday, August 20th - Kindergarten Virtual “Meet the Teacher”
- AM Kindergarten 10am-10:30am
- PM Kindergarten 11am-11:30am
- You will receive information from your child’s teacher next week with a link to a Google Meet. Teachers will share information about what to expect for all kindergarten students at the start of the year.
- August 24 - September 4 - First Two Weeks of School for all K students
- All students (Remote Learning Academy and Hybrid/Remote) will begin in remote learning.
- Learning will occur five days a week in the AM or PM.
- Remote Learning Academy students: AM/PM placement will be communicated next week.
- Return/Hybrid students: AM (Last name A-K) or PM (Last name L-Z). * If you spoke with a RES staff member you may be at a different time
- September 8 - Intended start date for Student Hybrid Learning & continued remote learning for those in the Remote Learning Academy:
- Kindergarten students in Remote Learning Academy: Continue with Remote Learning
- Kindergarten students in Return/Hybrid Classes:
- Kindergarten students will begin with the hybrid calendar starting September 8. Kindergarten students will NOT follow the same orientation calendar as grades 1-5, as they are already split into smaller groupings.
- In person learning days are outlined on the calendar. When students are not in the building, they will have asynchronous remote learning at home.
- What to expect at school the first two weeks in the building:
- Students will learn and practice classroom and building level safety protocols
- Students will participate in beginning of the year assessments
- Students will learn classroom routines and expectations
- The primary focus will be social/emotional learning and community building
We look forward to welcoming all of our kindergarten students this school year!
Your partners in education,