Davis Middle School
- Davis Middle School
Board passes new COVID-19 protocols resolution
WHEREAS, the Dublin City School District Board of Education has continued to consider the guidance from federal, state, and local health experts as it relates to COVID-19 and the safety and emotional wellbeing of students in school and has provided regular updates to the school district community regarding these matters;
WHEREAS, ensuring students have access to in-person learning is a key priority of the Board, and the Board remains committed to providing its students with that face-to-face classroom learning while maintaining appropriate student safety protocols and emotional supports;
WHEREAS, vaccination is the leading public health prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic, individuals age five (5) and up are now eligible to receive vaccinations, and the District has made several free vaccination clinics available within the school buildings to the school district community to receive vaccination and boosters and intends to continue to do so;
WHEREAS, Ohio Revised Code Section 3313.67 authorizes boards of education to make and enforce such rules to prevent the spread of communicable diseases among students where the safety and interest of the public so requires;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that in order to prioritize student in-person learning and staff attendance as well as emotional wellbeing, the following mitigation and safety protocols shall continue and/or implement effective January 19, 2022 and remain in place through March 7, 2022 or as otherwise modified or extended by the Board or Superintendent as authorized herein:
- Students in grades PK-8 are required to wear masks in school buildings during the instructional day through March 7, 2022, subject to the exemptions set forth in Board Policy. Exemption requests may be submitted at any time when masks are required.
- All passengers and drivers are required to wear masks while on school transportation, subject to the exclusions and exemptions in the CDC’s January 29, 2021 Order.
- Universal mask wearing in grades 9-12 and at after-school events is strongly recommended but not required through January 31, 2022 in order to continue with in-person learning and to allow the District to continue to invite spectators to attend our non-instructional indoor activities during winter months.
- Free at-home rapid test kids will be provided to individuals identified by the District for administration at home by the parent/guardian or employee as long as kits remain available.
- To the extent available, high-quality masks and respirators will be made available to staff, students, and visitors for use during the school day and at school events at no cost to the individual.
- The District will continue to work with community partners to provide on-site vaccination clinics for students, staff, and the school district community.
- Parents/Guardians will continue to receive notifications of COVID cases as required by Ohio Department of Health orders.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Superintendent maintains authority to implement further safety and mitigation protocols as he may determine are necessary but shall not remove or limit the safety and mitigation protocols set forth in this Resolution without the authority of the Board.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that no person shall be subject to discipline, harassment, or other mistreatment for choosing to voluntarily wear a mask or for not wearing a mask where such use is either not required or an exception applies.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Board directs the Superintendent to implement the actions set forth in this Resolution, to provide clear direction to District staff on appropriate implementation, and to update the community regarding the same.