This Academy is in partnership with The Ohio State University and is accepting students for the 2021-2022 school year.
Students in this academy will explore multiple aspects of the aviation industry and flight fundamentals while gaining insight into the many careers available in aviation. By the end of this year-long academy, students can earn 8 OSU semester hours, a drone remote pilot license and be prepared to take the written test for FAA Private Pilot certification. Space is limited and students will be selected first by seniority, then lottery to participate.
Students participating in this academy must:
- Apply to and be accepted as a College Credit Plus (CCP) student at OSU
- Be academically eligible according to the statewide threshold eligibility criteria as well as the OSU requirements
- Be considered a resident of Ohio, as defined in state law
- Attend a mandatory CCP informational meeting
- Submit the Intent Form EACH YEAR by April 1st
Aviation Academy - 704
Prerequisite: Admittance to OSU CCP program according to the above requirements
Time Frame: Year (2 periods /day)
Credit: 3.00 HS Credits and 8 College Credits
Learn more about the OSU airport.