I hope you remembered your umbrella today.
As referenced in last week’s eBlast, please contact the guidance office if you have had any trouble accessing your child’s report card.
As we head into cooler weather, please see the message below from Officer Collier regarding our young drivers. The same information will be passed along to them as well.
Have a great weekend,
A Message from Officer Collier
Some safe driving tips for all to consider:
- With fall in full swing, there are notably more leaves on the roadway. Leaves on the roadway mean it will take longer for your car to stop in an emergency. Increase your following distance to allow for it, just like you do for wet or snowy/icy road conditions.
- Make sure you are clearing frost from ALL of your car windows in the morning. Frost on the side windows can be just as hazardous as on the windshield, as it keeps you from seeing runners, cyclists or even other vehicles at intersections. Take the extra five minutes to help ensure you're a safe motorist.
- Please turn your lights on when using your wipers. This means actually turning them on; daytime running lights don't count. The law requires headlights to be on when wipers are being used.
- There are hundreds of cars in the parking lot both before and after school. With only two exits, it takes some time to clear the lot. Please be patient and considerate while waiting for your turn to leave and/or drop off. Talk with your kids about how to walk through the parking lot safely, and about paying attention to cars who may not be.
- I've seen several teen drivers on their cell phones while waiting in lines to exit, and I've talked with some of them about it being illegal. Please reinforce that message with your child. Under 18 means absolutely no cell phone use while operating a vehicle.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let me know.
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-718-8286
Graduation Cap, Gown, and Tassel Orders
2019 Dublin Jerome graduates who have not yet ordered their cap, gown, and tassel can do so by visitinghttps://buckeyescholastic.com/ and selecting Dublin Jerome under the “Shop Your School” menu. The deadline to order for guaranteed delivery before graduation is January 31.
IB Fees Due
Dublin City Schools requires all students taking the second year of an IB course, IB Psych or IB Business to complete all of the IB International and External assessments. A sheet explaining the required fees associated with each course can be found HERE. The May testing schedules are attached. You can drop your payment off to Mrs. Kill in the Guidance Office.
IB Jerome Testing Calendar .docx
IB May Testing Schedule.pdf
The 10th Annual PTO Holiday Bazaar is December 1st! Get ready to shop!
This is the PTO's largest fundraiser, and many VOLUNTEERS are needed to make this day a success. Parents and students are welcome to sign up. Students will earn service hours. Please click on the sign-up Genius link:
2018-2019 Yearbooks Now on Sale
Please see the attached flyer to order your 2018-2019 Yearbook. You can contact Carrie McJunkin email@example.com with any questions.
Election Day is Tuesday!
Please remember to exercise your right to vote. Visit www.dublinschools.net/november6.aspx if you have any questions about Dublin City Schools’ Issue 5.
Alumni Spotlight: Olivia DiSilvestro Coffman Class of 2005, and current Chapman teacher
Click here to watch Olivia’s powerful Dublin Difference story.
Watch our social media feeds in November and December for the great things our students and staff do this time of year. The Dublin Support Association is again conducting a one new toy/non-perishable food item drive Nov. 12-15. Items can be dropped off at any elementary school.
Nov. 6-NO SCHOOL, Safety training for staff, Election Day (School offices will be closed.)
Nov. 7-DJHS National Honor Society Induction, 7:00 p.m. (CPA)
Nov. 15-Coffee with Dr. Hoadley, 10:30 a.m. at Barry Bagels, 5760 Frantz Road
Nov. 15-DJHS Parent-Teacher Conferences, 3:00-6:30 p.m.
Nov. 15, 16, 17-DJHS Theatre 3: Aladdin, Jr., 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Nov. 17- DJHS Theatre 3: Aladdin, Jr., 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Nov. 21-23-NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break