On Dec. 11 2017, the Master Plan Committee presented its work and recommendations to the Dublin City Schools Board of Education. To view the presentation, click on the PDF to the right. A summary of the committee's recommendations are posted below.
Master Plan Committee Summary and
New construction needs
• Elementary 13 and Elementary 14
• Middle School 5
• Additions to two of our high schools
Why are these new schools and additions
• We have added about 2,400 students over the past 10 years and another 3,000 are expected over the next 10 years.
• By 2022, 17 of our 20 schools will be over capacity. At the elementary level, we will be more than 1,300 students over capacity, the equivalent of two elementary schools.
• The Emerald Campus will help the District avoid the $75-$90-million cost of building a fourth high school and will free up space at our existing three high schools by pulling students to Emerald Campus.
• The District already owns land for the new elementary schools and fifth middle school in Jerome Village and on Bright Road
Maintenance and upkeep at existing facilities
• Approximately $95-million worth of upgrades, maintenance, and equipment replacement is needed at existing facilities.
Recommendations Made to the Board Education
• 2019-20 Centralized Preschool open (would relocate central office staff to Emerald Campus 4th Floor. Due to zoning, the 4th floor cannot be
used for students)
• 2020-21 Elementary 13 and Elementary 14 open
• 2021-22 Middle School 5 opens
• 2022-23 High school additions open
• Keep kindergarten programming as is with students receiving extended services as needed
• No new millage bond issue will fund these schools
• Permanent Improvement (PI) Levy for existing facilities
• Operating levy, Bond Issue, PI = One ask
• Recommend the Board consider a November of 2018 ballot issue
• The Board of Education will consider the committee’s recommendations during the winter/spring of 2018.
Members of the community gather to hear the District's Master Plan presentation.