We share about our lives in Room 234 on our class twitter account. Feel free to follow us and/or click on the link to the right. It's going to be an amazing year of learning.
I hope everyone is staying dry and enjoyed Halloween festivities. Thank you to all the parents who supported our party and to those that came in to celebrate with us. I always appreciate the help - thank you! There will be two assessments next week.
Wednesday, Nov. 7 math test on fractions.
- memorize benchmark fractions 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/10 (train tracks) knowing the percentages (some mathematicians have purple flashcards they chose to make)
- improper and mixed fractions - how are they similar?
- draw a model for a fraction and explain it - Why is the denominator the boss?
- compare two fractions
- explain the Golden Rule
- add and subtract fractions with like/unlike denominators
- reduce and compute lowest terms
- I shared a Google document with them to practice.
Friday, Nov. 9 Life Science test
- food chains
- food webs -transfer of energy
- invasive species
- symbiosis - 3 types
- They have several flashcards and a Google document that I shared with them for a review
Readers also chose new reading goals this past Wednesday and should be working on their goal as well as reading at least 100 pages in their JR book. Next week is going to be busy and with no school, Tuesday, Nov. 6, I wanted to let you know, so you can plan appropriately to help your learner. Thanks for your support of Penny Harvest and for those who have sent their pennies in to be collected. I hope everyone has a dry and fun family weekend. Maria