We share about our lives in Room 234 on our class twitter account. Feel free to follow us and/or click on the link to the right. It's going to be an amazing year of learning.
My grandmother taught me how to make May Day baskets and hang them on neighbor's doors. I would make them out of construction paper and put a few flowers (and place them in the basket.
Ring the bell and run (a nicer version of Ding Dong Ditch) wishing everyone Happy May Day.
19 days and your fifth grader will be a middle schooler. May gets really busy for fifth graders so I wanted to update your calendars.
- May 9 is a fundraiser at Chick-fil-a for the two 5th grade DI teams that are going to Globals. The fundraiser will be from 5-8 on Sawmill Rd.
- May 11 Super Games in the afternoon
- May 21 a group of Sells athletes will visit BE to discuss sixth grade
- May 22 Fifth Grade Fun Day - Sports Ohio - Thanks for all your help.
- May 25 Graduation in the morning/celebration in classroom/lunch/Clap Out
- Memorial Day Weekend and start of summer
We have completed the state AIR tests for reading, writing and science. Your learner will also be taking their MAP reading and math this week and next. Reading requirements are still the focus with reading +150 pages a week and completing their choice project every Thursday. I have been impressed with their videos/posters/dioramas and book talks. It's fun to see what areas they choose to focus on with their JR book.
Enjoy the sunshine