The Dublin City School District offers an outstanding preschool program that serves children with disabilities and also provides an educational opportunity for typically developing children to serve as social and academic role models (peers) in the classroom. We strive to ensure that all children in our program are challenged to excel to the best of their ability. It is our goal to help children arrive to kindergarten equipped with the necessary skills for success.
Our program aligns to the Early Learning and Development Standards as recommended by the Ohio Department of Education. Learning standards are addressed in the following domains: Social-Emotional Development, Approaches Towards Learning, Cognitive Development and General Knowledge, Language and Literacy Development, and Physical Well-Being and Motor Development. Children practice and explore these skill areas through age appropriate activities that are skillfully developed by our staff.
4 days per week classes
AM Session 8:45-11:155 days per week classesPM Session 12:45-3:15
- Must reside within Dublin City School District
- Child should be 3.5 years old upon enrollment
- Child enjoys playing with other children: interacts well with others, manipulates toys, and engages in age-appropriate activities without assistance
- Child follows simple directions, makes basic needs known, answers simple questions
- Child would be good role model to others: separates easily from parent, models good behavior and social skills, attends to adult guided activity, is willing to take turns
- Child must be toilet trained
The peer program is funded by tuition of $140 per month for the morning class and $170 per month for the afternoon class. Tuition is due the 1st of each month. The monthly tuition is an average of the number of days in the school year divided by nine months. Short months, five-week months, holidays, and three snow days have been averaged. This means you will pay the same amount each month. You will be asked to pay the first and last month’s tuition prior to the start of school.
Accounts must be current on the first day of each month and must remain current. After the first day of each month, no child will be admitted to the preschool until the balance is paid. If you desire to withdraw your child, please notify us in writing so we will not hold a place for your child and continue charging your account. Deductions will not be made for a child’s absence due to illness. There also will be no deductions for family vacations; we have vacation times already in our school schedule.
For further information regarding the program please call (614)761-5880.