We believe the effective use of technology in classrooms is an integral part of learning and teaching in today's world. Students will experience a rich and relevant learning environment with teachers who are able to seamlessly integrate technology into their daily lessons, and continually learn ways to become more efficient by using technology to help create, communicate, collaborate, record, and analyze data.
Effective technology integration:
- Utilizes digital tools ubiquitously to help students achieve the highest academic standards.
- Helps students and teachers communicate, collaborate, and think critically about the academic content standards.
- Will allow teachers to create interactive and multimedia-rich learning environments to help address the individual needs of their students.
- Supports creativity and risk-taking to enhance learning and teaching.
- Gives students the knowledge to choose and apply the appropriate digital tools when completing projects that demonstrate mastery of content.
- Requires access to the most current technology tools.
- Requires shared beliefs when it comes to the practical, safe, and ethical use of technology.
- Requires ongoing and embedded professional development.
Tech Plan Highlights 2020-2024
- Student Goal 1: Select curriculum and define district instructional practices that utilize current technology tools designed to meet the needs of individual learners. Identify technology tools, software, and apps to support curriculum needs implementing an ongoing reflection on implementation and usage of tools.
- Student Goal 2: Create online learning opportunities for students with a focus on the development of online high school course offerings.
- Student Goal 3: Define digital wellness habits for staff and students.
- Student Goal 4: Expand student opportunities outside of the classroom to enhance passions and interests around technology.