KMS PTO Information
Please follow us on Facebook:
Thanks to our family members and parent volunteers, the Karrer PTO exists to serve the students, teachers, and families of Karrer Middle School. Each year the PTO participates in quite a few events, a few examples are:
- Sponsoring and hosting many fun events for our students with Principals’ Welcome Back Picnic, Tailgates, Canteens, Golden Shamrock Luncheons, Dance Club, Spotlight on Karrer Arts and the 8th Grade Event
- Promoting School Pride with Karrer Spirit clothing sales, Student Council funding, Concessions and Landscaping, 5th Grade Orientation Events and T-shirts
- Promoting District Programs by sponsoring, Parents Encouraging Responsible Choices (PERC) events the district PTO scholarship, and the Dublin Chamber of Commerce Community Service Day.
- Supporting our teachers by purchasing nonfiction books for 6th grade to meet the demands of Ohio’s new academic standards, Spanish picture books for students, funding for guest speakers, and by paying for grade level incentives and end of the year events in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
- Supporting our students and families by providing over $3,000 in scholarship aid to students for 6th grade camp and Washington DC. By providing scholarship money for students to participate in 6th grade Dance Club, school canteens, school plays, and our end of the year 8th grade event.
Please understand that our KMS PTO Membership Drive at the start of each school year is our single main fundraiser, and the only time we will be asking for money to support our school this school year. Through a successful start-of-the-year membership drive, we are able to offer programs and opportunities to our Karrer students and avoid additional fundraising sales and events later on in the school year. Any donation amount is welcomed and appreciated; the most common donation amount is $25 to $50 per family.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the members of your KMS PTO Executive Board. We look forward to another great school year at Karrer Middle School.
KMS PTO Executive Board
President - Brandy Maasp: 614-330-5872email: email@example.comTreasurer - Beth Ann Holmesp: 614-381-7900email: Theholmes138@yahoo.comSecretary - Jamie Chapman
KMS PTO Meeting Dates
All KMS parents are welcome and encouraged to attend any of our PTO meetings for this school year.
KMS PTO Parent Volunteers
Dublin City Schools and Karrer Middle School support having adult volunteers in our schools. KMS and our PTO have different volunteer needs throughout the school year. The best way to find out how to volunteer at KMS is by contacting a member of our PTO for information.Dublin has a new online background check system will make it easier for those volunteers who require a background check to get one quickly and easily. Prior to filling out any information requesting a volunteer background check, please confirm that a background check is needed through your school's PTO officers or the KMS administration.