Information on 2021-2022 Schedule Change Requests
The ADD DEADLINE was 8/24/21 for new courses during the first semester.
Level changes may be considered pending class capacity. READ COURSE LEVEL CHANGE policy on page 16 of the Course and Career Handbook.
Please note many courses are at full capacity and changes may not be possible.
Class capacities are being strictly enforced due to meeting health and safety guidelines. Consequently, a schedule change request may not be able to be made.
Please read the following schedule change policies before contacting your school counselor.
How do students and families access a School Counselor?
- General questions or concerns can be answered by our guidance secretaries. They will be available during traditional school hours to triage concerns via email and phone.
- For questions stemmed around the academic, career, and social-emotional development of a student please email the assigned alpha counselor.
- For concerns and questions regarding your child's social emotional health please reach out to our student support specialists.
- If the issue cannot be resolved via email, counselors are available for scheduled appointments with students.
Phone - 614-718-8275
Fax - 614-873-1937
Twitter - @DJHSGuidance
Adminstrative Support Staff
Student Support/Social Emotional Services
- Mrs. Kirsten Borton Student Support Specialist
- Ms. Heather Feehan Student Support Specialist
- Mrs. Dana Jackson Safe and Drug Free Schools
- Mrs. Erin Potenzini School Psychologist
School Counselor Confidentiality Statement
School counselors respect the confidentiality of students, teachers, parents, and staff. Disclosures of abuse and/or imminent danger to self or others are reported to the appropriate agency in accordance with the law. Situations jeopardizing student safety, including incidents of abuse, imminent danger to self or others, bullying and sexual harassment are reported to the building administration in accordance with school policy.