May 15, 2020
Dear GMS Community,
Happy Friday! As we wind down the 2019-20 school year, we have a few remaining announcements.
- 8th grade students should be receiving a “Best of Luck” postcard from a staff member in the next week. I know the time I spent writing mine was joyful! I am sure others felt the same way.
- By May 22nd, a “Send Off” video from the 8th grade staff will be emailed to each family and will be posted on our website. The last time I checked, the video was over 20 minutes long. We love our 8th graders!
- Virtual awards are being presented next week to the Archie Griffin Award winners, Award of Distinction students, and our Paula Campagni Humanitarian Award winner. Each awards ceremony will be posted on the website.
- Principal’s Award recipients will receive a letter congratulating their accomplishment.
- If the family of an 8th grade student hasn’t picked up a yard sign (Thank you PTO!), please check the PTO Facebook page for details.
- On May 18th, we will begin the conclusion of the 2019-20 school year. Please see the GMS library book, classroom library book, textbook, and materials drop off schedule below. Books should be dropped in the appropriate box with little or no contact with others. Although we would really like to give end of year hugs and goodbyes, safety if our #1 priority.
9:00am - 11:00am 6th grade drop off
11:00am - 1:00pm 7th grade drop off
1:00pm - 3:00pm 8th grade drop off
3:00pm - 5:00 pm Open drop off
- Students in all three grade levels will be keeping their devices for the summer. 8th grade students will receive a new chromebook next fall when they enter Jerome. Students who are withdrawing from the Dublin City Schools should return their chromebook to Emerald Campus during the designated technology support times. Please see the DCS main website for days and time.
- The last parent google Hangout with the Principal will take place from 4pm-4:30pm on Tuesday, May 19th. Please use the link below to join and share your feedback about remote learning.
It is with a mixture of excitement and sadness that I write this final paragraph. I am blessed to have served the GMS community for 6 years. You have enriched my life and I hope our entire faculty has enriched yours. Oprah Winfrey said, “Leadership is about empathy. It is about having the ability to relate and connect with people for the purpose of inspiring and empowering their lives.” The connections I have made as part of Grizzell will forever be with me. And, having the opportunity to be part of your children's lives was a highlight in my career. Even if in a small way, I hope they will remember our fun times….hitting the HOME signs, chatting at lunch, May Madness, Washington DC, school assemblies, concerts, athletic events, and many more. Thank you! Although the 2020-21 school year has some unknowns, I KNOW Grizzell Middle School is in great hands with Mr. Wilkinson leading you. Take care, be safe, and GO CELTS!
School Supplies Sale
- Did you know, starting in 2020-21, the PTO will supplement the GMS athletic budget so athletes can wear newer uniforms and have the best of equipment?
- Supply Sale is the PRIMARY fund raising activity for PTO.
- Regardless of the format of school, your child will need school supplies.
- You can shop for your own supplies with the list we provide, but you are encouraged to use 1st Day School Supplies.
- Click here to purchase supplies from 1st Day School Supplies for next year. The order deadline is July 1, 2020.
- You may cancel your order by July 1st and receive a full refund. 1st Day School Supplies informed us there will not be refunds after July 1st.
- If you ordered Spiritwear through the PTO, Ares Sports will be filling orders soon. Please allow 2-3 additional weeks due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Jerome Girls Soccer
Incoming Freshman girls that will be attending Jerome High School and are interested in trying out for the Jerome Girls Soccer team please register on our website. We want to get your contact information for future communications for the 2020-2021 Jerome Girls Soccer Program. An Incoming Freshman meeting will be conducted by our coaching staff and registration will be our guide of scheduling this meeting with parents and the athletes. Please register by May 28 so that we can conduct our Incoming Freshman meeting in early June.
Please utilize the link below for the registration for the 2020-2021 Dublin Jerome Girls Soccer program.
SYNTERO SUMMER GROUPS
Syntero will be providing FREE services via video over the summer. See the attached flyer for more information. Registration begins today and is first come first serve. Limited spots available.
If you will be withdrawing your student from Dublin City Schools, please email Guidance Secretary, Katie Pack, email@example.com. She will help you with the process and necessary paperwork.
Thank you to our students joining the military
Meet the members of the Class of 2020 who have decided to serve their country after graduation. You can view our video honoring these students at this link.
Reminder: May 19 is the final day of online learning
We know there are many questions regarding these last few days of the 2019-20 school year and beyond. While we do not know the answers to many things right now, we have posted an FAQ with the latest information at this link. We will continue to update this web page as more information becomes available.
Summer reading lists now available
Summer reading lists for middle and high school students are now available at this link.
Chromebook drop-off for seniors
Seniors may return their Chromebooks at Emerald Campus on Tuesday, May 19 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. This drop off point is properly socially distanced as students can pull up in the circle drive directly from the car. Students and families should not park or get out of their cars. Please note: The last day for Chromebook repair for all other students is Tuesday, May 19 at Emerald Campus, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.