The Dublin Village School District was established in 1849. Washington Township purchased property on North Street to build a school (current site of the Dublin Library). The first graduating class of Washington School came in 1892, consisting of 3 pupils.
After consolidation of many township areas into the district, the community made the decision to build a new building. This stands today and is known as the 1919 Building, for the year in which it opened.
In 1953, a bond issue was passed to build a high school building next to the 1919 building. This building, although significantly renovated, still stands and is the Bridge Street-facing section of John Sells Middle School.
By the late 1960s, the district outgrew the facilities on Bridge Street (then consisting of the 1919 Building, the high school, and Indian Run Elementary). Land was purchased for a new Dublin High School on Coffman Road, and in 1973, the original section of Dublin High School opened.
Major and minor additions followed:
1983: The current social studies and English hallways open as well as the current gymnasium.
1985: Performing Arts Center opened after being converted from a gymnasium
1987: Completion of the “A” building, consisting of science labs and math classrooms, new administrative offices, and a new library - which also created the courtyard. This is also when the current athletic building and stadium opened, having moved from the current location of Emerald Campus.
1998: The auxilary gymnasium was completed.
With the impending opening of Dublin Scioto High School in 1995, Dublin High School received a name change and would be known going forward as Dublin Coffman High School.
Today, Dublin Coffman is home to 1950 students educated by a faculty of over 130.