Special Education Advancement Council
WHAT IS THE SPECIAL EDUCATION ADVANCEMENT COUNCIL (SEAC)?
Dublin’s Special Education Advancement Council (SEAC) is an organization dedicated to serving the population of children with special education needs, and their families, from preschool through high school in the Dublin City School District. The Special Education Advancement Council (SEAC) continually strives to build positive, productive and collaborative partnerships among families, educators and our community.
Our mission is to better serve children with special needs within the Dublin City School District through communication, education, resources, and support.
• Provide information about special education laws, policies, and procedures to parents
• Improve and increase parent/professional partnerships
• Obtain and distribute materials/resources to parents of children with disabilities and district personnel
• Promote parent liaison services within the school district and community
• Organize and/or conduct educational workshops for parents, district personnel, and community members
• Establish parent support groups as needed
• Establish and/or support parent networking
• Help parents find and access community resources