Newsletter - 5/20/22
6th Grade Newsletter for Friday, May 20
Grade-Level Parent Announcements
- Page Awards and 4.0 Awards will be distributed through science classes on Wednesday 5/25. On Wednesday, please ask your child if they received one or both of these certificates.
- Yearbook distribution and signing will be on Thursday 5/26. All students will have the opportunity to sign yearbooks. If a student did not purchase a yearbook, paper may be provided for those who would like to collect signatures.
- Locker cleanout will happen on Thursday 5/26. Students will turn in their lock and empty their locker of all contents. Students will receive the same lock in August to use in 7th grade.
- On Friday 5/27 students are NOT to bring bookbags, chromebooks, or any school supplies. All they need is themselves. Teachers have planned activities in their classrooms and we will participate in the 8th grade clap out.
- Friday 5/27 is a half day.
- Does your child want to be a part of WKMS for the 2022-23 school year? All applicants must be able to be at KMS at 7:30AM for our daily broadcast. Your child will be on a team that will broadcast approximately once each month. You must provide your own transportation to assure your prompt arrival each day that your team is broadcasting. Parent/guardian permission is required. The orientation meeting will be Monday August 22 at 7:30AM in room 106. Training dates will be announced as we get closer to the meeting date. The deadline to register is Sunday, 8/21. CLICK HERE FOR THE 2022-23 WKMS APPLICATION.
- Mr. Levine – Next week your students end their 6th grade science career! It’s been a pleasure watching your students grow mentally and physically! I hope your students enjoyed science as much as I enjoyed working with them this year. I hope your children have a “horrible” summer. I hope your family has a fantastic summer.
- Mrs. Bishop and Mrs. Beekman – Thank you for an amazing year. We hope that they continue to learn and love science. Happy Summer!
- Math 6 (Albert, Gordon, Voytko) – It is hard to believe our year together is over! We are so proud of all of the growth our 6th graders have made in math this year! Have a wonderful summer break! Please be on the lookout for an e-mail from your child’s math teacher with information on summer resources. :)
- Math 7 (Gordon) – It is hard to believe our year together is over! I am so proud of all of the growth our Math 7 students have made this year! Have a wonderful summer break! Please be on the lookout for an e-mail from Mrs. Gordon with information on summer resources. :)
- Math 7/8 (Voytko) – Thank you for a great year of learning! We will have a quiz over exponents and scientific notation on Tuesday 5/24.
- Mrs. Magistrale and Mrs. Hull – We cannot believe it’s the end of the year! We hope that you have had a WONDERFUL year learning more reading, writing, and word study strategies! Have a relaxing summer! Make sure you complete your summer reading!
- Mrs. Dennison – Students will wrap up the science fiction unit by exploring short stories. Also, summer reading information will be discussed–complete this before the start of 7th grade. Thanks for learning with me this year! Have a safe and relaxing summer!!!
- Miss Hamilton and Ms. Wolf – Thank you for a wonderful year! Next week we’ll wrap up our time together with a final root quiz, learn about summer reading, and reflect on our growth as readers and writers. It’s been a pleasure to have you, and we wish you an AMAZING summer! :)
- Mrs. Taylor – It has been a joy working with your children this trimester. I hope you have a joyful and relaxing summer!
- Mrs. Ehrsam – It has been wonderful having your child in class. Enjoy your family this summer!
Choir: Mrs. Campbell – Our final Choir concert is Tuesday, May 24th at 6:00 PM in the KMS Gym. 6th graders need to arrive at 5:40 PM for warm-up. Concert attire is all black!
Physical Education: Ms. Nighbert and Mr. Hillery – We have enjoyed having your child in PE class this trimester. Their last quiz will be on Tuesday over pickleball or softball. We will finish the year with some one day activities. Have a great summer!