Criteria for the Golden Shamrock Award
Established in 1990 to recognize outstanding contributions, the Golden Shamrock Award is presented by the Golden Shamrock Committee seven times each year (October to May, with the exception of January) to two staff members who have made noteworthy contributions to the District. The Golden Shamrock Committee is comprised of representatives from local businesses, the City of Dublin, Dublin City Schools, and the community.
One of the most valuable assets of the Dublin Schools is its staff including teachers, bus drivers, office employees, food service workers, custodians and administrators who contribute daily to the education of the District's children.
Golden Shamrock rules:
- ALL employees of the Dublin City Schools are eligible to receive a Golden Shamrock Award.
- The Golden Shamrock Award is a once-in-a-lifetime achievement by an individual. Groups are not eligible.
- Golden Shamrock Award winners are recognized by the Dublin Board of Education during regular Board Meetings, the first board meeting of each month.
- Nominations are accepted throughout the year and can be made by employees, parents, students and the public.
- Winners are notified at a surprise celebration in their building.