Karrer Middle School
- Karrer Middle School
- Fall Athletics
KMS Fall Athletics
Season: August 1st - September 26th COVID 19 Conditional
Head Coach: Matt Anglea
2020 Boys Golf Schedule
Monday- August 3rd Tryouts Day 1: The Ridge(9 holes) 9:00am
Tuesday- August 4th Tryouts Day 2: The Ridge(9 holes) 10 am
Wednesday- August 5th Tryouts Day 3: The Ridge(9 holes) 9:00am
Friday- August 7th Practice: TBA
Monday- August 10th Match @Delaware Golf Club TBD Olentangy Shanahan Away
Wednesday- August 12th Match @Mill Creek TBD Dublin Davis Away
Thursday- August 13th Match @Rolling Meadows 10 am Dublin Sells Home
Tuesday-August 18th Match @The Ridge 4:15 pm New AlbanyHome
Thursday-August 20th Match @The Ridge 4:15 pm Upper Arlington Hastings Home
Thursday-August 24th Match @The Ridge 4:15 pm Dublin Grizzell Away
Tuesday-August 25th Match @The Ridge 4:15 pm Olentangy Shanahan Home
Tuesday-September 1st Match @TBD 4:00 pm Dublin Grizzell Away
Thursday-Septemer 3rd Match @TBD 4:00 pm Dublin Sells Away
Tuesday-September 8th Match @TBD 4:00 pm Worthington Club Team Away
Thursday-September 10th Match @Raymond Memorial GC 4:00 pm Upper Arlington Hastings Away
Monday-September 14th Match @Airport Golf Course 4:30 pm Worthington Christian MS Away
Tuesday-September 15th Match @The Golf Club of Dublin 4:00 pm Dublin Davis Home
Thursday-September 17th Match @TBD 4:00 pm New Albany Away
Tuesday-September 22nd Match @The Ridge 4:15 pm Hilliard Weaver Home
TBD Exhibition: Dublin Cup 4:00 pm Davis, Sells, Grizzell Away
Saturday - September Central Ohio MS Golf Championship @Oakhaven GC 8:00 am Away
Season: August 3rd - October 13th COVID 19 Conditional
Tryouts: Not for the football season, but we will have cheer tryouts for basketball
- A valid OHSAA Physical
- Final Forms completed https://dublin-oh.finalforms.com
- Pay to Play participation fee of $30.00 payable upon making TEAM
- Purchase of the cheer sideline gear
- Mandatory attendance for our Meet the Coach Night August 11, 6:30pm
Thank you for your interest in KMS Cheerleading! We look forward to coaching you and helping you grow as a cheerleader. Please direct any questions to
Coach Samantha Gordon email@example.com
Coach Kelsie Woods firstname.lastname@example.org
As of June 1st 2020, all information is tentative due to the COVID -19 pandemic. This information is for football season only. We will communicate changes as needed based upon what is outlined for athletics while closures and safety measures occur.
Who can sign up:
Any incoming 7th grader or 8th grader at KMS who is committed and dedicated to joining the Karrer Cheer Program for the football season.
Practices / Games / Events
- During the year, there are one to two practices per week, and one game.
- As of May 21st, 2020, the coaches plan on having practices Mondays from 3:15-5:30 during the fall season and this could/can change.
- There will be additional practices prior to the beginning of seasons.
- There may be additional practices/games/events added as needed.
- We may participate in community service/volunteerism activities throughout the year.
- Fall Cheerleaders will cheer home football games
- 7th grade games are on Wednesdays & 8th grade Thursdays
- Cheerleaders may be rotated to cheer away football games
- Participants in Co-Curricular programs are held to a higher standard of responsibility and conduct. They are representatives of their school, the Dublin City School District and the Dublin community.
- Cheerleaders are not permitted to participate in any other major activity or sport during their season. (Example: Musical/play, ski club, any other sports, etc.) ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE REFER TO COACH WOODS & COACH GORDON.
- By being part of the KMS cheer team, athletes are visible in the community. Athletes’ actions are more prominent than those not associated with such an activity. Because of this, exemplary behavior is mandatory at all times, anywhere in the community and at all school functions. Not only do athletes represent themselves, they represent the team, the coaches, KMS, the Dublin City School District, and cheerleaders everywhere.
- Cheerleaders who do not meet the coaches’ expectations for knowing and performing material may result in not participating in an event up to being dismissed from the team.
- Cheerleaders must follow instructions from coaches, teachers, administrators, bus drivers, etc. Not doing so may result in not participating in a game/event up to being dismissed from the team.
- Cheerleaders are asked to leave practice space, locker rooms, performance areas, etc. in the same condition (or better) than when they arrive. They are expected to pick up the area before they leave. Not doing so will result in extra conditioning.
- Inappropriate photos or activity on social media will not be tolerated. Cheerleaders are representatives of the school at all times, and should be setting a good example both during and after school hours.
- Cell phones are not permitted to be out at practice or games/events. If parents need their child during these times, please contact the coaches.
- Promoting good sportsmanship by way of example is required at all times.
- Athletes are expected to work as a team, respecting each other’s differences and unique abilities.
As coaches, we are confident that there will be no significant issues throughout this season. In order to keep disciplinary actions consistent for everyone, as a team we will follow a demerit system. Demerits will be distributed accordingly for any behavior that the coach feels is unacceptable. Please note that we may add or remove penalties throughout the year as necessary, but written notice will be given if a change is made.
In order to maintain eligibility, a cheerleader must have/do the following:
- Dublin Schools also has a 2.0 GPA requirement that must be met.
- Perform the same skills during practices and games, as was performed at tryouts.
If the two points above are not attained, the athlete may be required to sit out. This includes injury related issues that prevent a cheerleader from performing, just as it would in other sports at KMS.
Cheerleaders must attend school in order to participate in a game/event (at least 1⁄2 day). If the attendance requirement is not met, athletes may not attend the game/event.
- Cheerleaders are not permitted to participate in any other major activity or sport during their season. (Example: Musical/play, ski club, any other sports, etc.)
- Missing practice or a game for a school related function is considered excused.
- School related means academic not other school sport related (this includes competition cheer and musical)
- Unexcused absences = Birthday parties, concerts, dinner reservations, hair appointments, vacations (once school starts), music events not required by a class or other sporting events.
- Absences must be communicated with a coach one week prior to the absence. No excuse.
- All practices and games are considered mandatory. If for some reason a cheerleader cannot make it to a practice, a coach needs to be notified AT LEAST ONE WEEK in advance through email,
- Remind or a written note (signed by a parent).
- Please try to avoid scheduling appointments during practice times.
- 1st unexcused absence from practice: sit out of first quarter of the next game
- 2nd and 3rd unexcused absence and from practice: sit out the ENTIRE next game
- Any cheerleader benched from a game/event or part of a game/event must sit with the coach (and no-one else) in full uniform.
- If a cheerleader is benched on MORE THAN 3 OCCASIONS, he/she may be removed from the team.
- Athletes need to be picked up from practices and games on time. PLEASE ensure you are aware of practice end times and you are picking your athlete up on time.
- Missing one game, for a reason other than a death in the family or personal illness, or by permission of the coach, may result in a one game suspension.
- Cheerleaders will be expected to FULLY participate in each practice, game, and activity through the conclusion of their season. Failure to do so may be the cause and be the reason for the cheerleader to sit out of games, up to being dismissed from the team.
- Being late to an event, game, practice, without prior permission from the coaches, may result in extra conditioning, not participating in a game/event up to being dismissed from the team.
- Cheerleaders are required to ride the school provided bus to and from all away games. If a cheerleader needs to ride to or from a sporting event, w ith a parent only, they must have a written note in the athletic office 24hrs. prior to the game.
- If a cheerleader is injured, the coaches MUST have a note from a doctor (or school trainer) clearing them to participate in practices and games. T his is a DUBLIN CITY SCHOOLS RULE.
- Cheerleaders will participate in team meals after school before each game as assigned by the coach.
- Cheerleaders will clean up the tables they use during these meals (including wiping the tables and sweeping the floor).
- Cheerleaders are encouraged to attend optional tumbling classes.
- Karrer plans to secure team tumbling class at a local gym at a discounted rate throughout the year.
- Registration information will be distributed at the beginning of each season.
- All cheerleaders will be required to purchase a “game day pack” to be worn for all games during the 2020-2021 Football season. This pack will include the following:
- KMS Cheer Shirt
- KMS Cheer Shorts
- Cheerleaders will have the option to purchase optional spirit wear such as backpack, shoes, sweatshirt, etc. but these will not be required.
- All cheerleaders will need a pair of white tennis shoes with minimal color and should be supportive for cheerleading. We will have optional shoes for purchase.
- In the event of cold weather, cheerleaders will be allowed to add additional layers underneath their game day clothes, such as black leggings or compression shirt.
2020 7th Grade Football Schedule
8/26 AWAY vs Delaware 5:00pm
9/2 HOME vs Walnut Springs 5:00pm
9/9 AWAY vs Hastings 5:00pm
9/16 HOME vs Jones 5:00pm
9/23 AWAY vs Davis 5:00pm
9/30 AWAY vs Sells 5:00pm
10/7 HOME vs Weaver 5:00pm
10/15 KMS Athletics Fall Awards 6:30pm
2020 8th Grade Football Schedule
8/26 HOME vs Delaware 5:00pm
9/2 AWAY vs Walnut Springs 5:00pm
9/9 HOME vs Hastings 5:00pm
9/16 AWAY vs Jones 5:00pm
9/23 HOME vs Davis 5:00pm
9/30 HOME vs Sells 5:00pm
10/7 AWAY vs Weaver 5:00pm
10/15 KMS Athletics Fall Awards 6:30pm
Check the website for regular updates: www.KarrerRunners.weebly.com
Head Coach: Matt Hawley
Assistant Coach: Bob Cline
Assistant Coach: Alyssa Kinzig
Season: August 3rd - October 13th COVID 19 Conditional
Coach Roger Murphy email@example.com
2020 KMS Tennis Schedule
Aug. 25th 5:00 HOME Pickerington Ridgeview
Aug. 26th 5:00 AWAY Marysville Bunsold
Aug. 31st 5:00 HOME Grizzell
Sept. 2nd 5:00 AWAY Columbus Academy
Sept. 3rd 5:00 HOME Gahanna
Sept. 8th 5:00 AWAY Delaware Dempsey
Sept. 10th 5:00 AWAY Big Walnut
Sept. 12th 9:00 HOME DCS MS Tourney
Sept. 14th 5:00 AWAY Pickerington Lakeview
Sept. 16th 5:00 AWAY UA Hastings
Sept. 17th 5:00 HOME Hilliard Heritage
Sept. 22nd 5:00 HOME Hilliard Memorial
Sept. 24th 5:00 HOME UA Jones
Sept. 28th 5:00 HOME Sells
Oct. 1st 5:00 AWAY Davis
Oct. 5th 5:00 AWAY Hilliard Weaver
Oct. 6th 5:00 AWAY New Albany
Oct. 15th 6:30 KMS Athletics Fall Awards Night
TBA 9:00 AWAY Huffman Doubles Tourney Marysville
Season: August 4th - October 13th COVID 19 Conditional
8th grade coach: Shelly Nighbert firstname.lastname@example.org
7th grade coach: Allison Hayes email@example.com
2020 KMS Volleyball Schedule
Wednesday September 2 HOME Dublin Sells 5:30
Wednesday September 9 HOME Worthingway 5:30
Thursday September 10 AWAY Worthington Kilbourne 5:30
Monday September 14 HOME Olentangy Berkshire 5:30
Wednesday September 16 HOME Olentangy Liberty 5:30
Thursday September 17 AWAY Hilliard Memorial 5:30
Monday September 21 AWAY Dublin Sells 5:30
Wednesday September 23 HOME SWCS Brookpark 5:30
Monday September 28 AWAY SWCS Jackson 5:30
Wednesday September 30 AWAY Olentangy Hyatts 5:30
Monday October 5 HOME Hilliard Heritage 5:30
Wednesday October 7 AWAY Upper Arlington Hastings 5:30
Updated as of 8/30/2020