- Missing a Karrer Middle School sports TEAM tryout /practice / game of any kind to attend another practice / game outside of KMS is not allowed unless agreed upon prior to with your KMS sports coach. No exceptions will be made to the missing of the fall, winter or spring tryout process. We are sorry, but we must be fair to all KMS student-athletes. Athletes playing for travel teams or clubs outside of KMS should contact Mr. O'Neal to ensure OHSAA guidelines are being followed.
THINGS YOU MUST HAVE TO PLAY FALL SPORTS FOR KMS
Have a valid physical on file with the KMS Athletics department using the OHSAA physical form. A copy of this physical form is available and will be collected at any time at the main office of KMS. No athlete will be allowed to tryout without a valid physical on file. Please do not wait until the last minute to fulfill this requirement.
All physicals are good for ONE CALENDAR YEAR plus a month from the date the physical was given.
Both student-athlete and parent/guardian have completed Final Forms registration. Instructions for this may be found by going to the Final Forms website. Go to https://dublin-oh.finalforms.com
Pay the sport participation fee of $30.00 payable to Karrer Middle School using the EZ Pay system. Checks or cash are not accepted by KMS.
Please make sure needed inhalers and epi-pens are with your child's KMS coach during their sports season. Epi-pens and inhalers that are in our KMS nurse's office will not be removed to be used for your child's sports season on a daily basis. Please communicate with your child's coach if your son or daughter has a medical condition we should be aware of.
Please check the fall sport of your choice for more information. Athletes wanting to tryout for a KMS Athletic's fall TEAM should plan on being at all dates of the try out process. We must be fair and considerate to all, thank you for understanding.
6th Grade Sports Camps Sign ups is still available. Registration forms were given to student in December but can also be found in the main office. The 6th Grade Sports Camps dates are as follows:
Wrestling February 6th and 7th 3:15 - 5:15
Girl's Basketball February 10th - 11th 3:15 - 5:15
Boy's Basketball February 12th - 13th 3:15 - 5:15
Boy's Lacrosse May 7th - 8th TBA Time
Girl's Lacrosse May 7th - 8th TBA Time
COED Tennis May 7th - 8th TBA Time
Softball May 11th - 12th 3:15 - 5:15
Baseball May 11th - 12th 3:15 - 5:15
Track / CC May 14th - 15th 3:15 - 5:15
Volleyball May 14th - 15th 3:15 - 5:15
Football May 18th - 19th 3:15 - 5:15
Cheerleading May 18th - 20th 3:15 - 5:15 Tryout for 2020 - 2021 TEAMS
Boys Golf No Camp Offered
Girl's District Golf No Camp Offered
Camp dates are subject to change due to Ohio weather
Mr. O'Neal can arrange split time for two camps. Cheer is the only exception to this.
- "HOME OF A KARRER ATHLETE" signs are available in the athletic office for purchase. Please have cash or make check payable to "KMS Athletics" for $20.00.
- KMS Athletes who see a doctor during their sports season and are pulled from competition, must have a doctor's note allowing them to return to competition. No parent or coach can take the place of the doctor's authority on this. Thank you for understanding this rule and abiding by it.
- Attendance, Absences & Same Day Athletic Participation: A students must attend at least 1/2 day in order to compete in their same day athletic contest. This means a student-athlete must attend the morning session of school until 11:30am or be in school no later than 11:30am and complete the remainder of the school day to be eligible for that day's competition event.
- Concussion regulations (please know the law): Take a look at the forms and info on the right hand side of the page.