KMS Athletic Director, Heath O'Neal
Follow us on Twitter: @KMSAthletics
Like us on Facebook: KMS Athletics
Athletic Practices & Game Days When School is Canceled due to Weather: In the event Karrer Middle School is closed for the day due to weather there will be no practices or games at Karrer Middle School for that day, this would also include away games/matches. Away tournaments in neighboring districts are subject to being revisited.
- Missing a Karrer Middle School sports TEAM tryout /practice / game of any kind to attend another practice / game outside of KMS is not allowed unless agreed upon prior to with your KMS sports coach. No exceptions will be made to the missing of the fall, winter or spring tryout process. We are sorry, but we must be fair to all KMS student-athletes.
THINGS YOU MUST HAVE TO PLAY FALL SPORTS FOR KMS
#1 Have a valid physical on file with the KMS Athletics department using the OHSAA physical form. A copy of this physical form is available and will be HEREcollected at any time at the main office of KMS. No athlete will be allowed to tryout without a valid physical on file. Please do not wait until the last minute to fulfill this requirement.
All physicals are good for ONE CALENDAR YEAR from the date the physical was given.
student-athlete and parent/guardian have completed Final Forms registration. Instructions for this may be found by going to the Final Forms website. Go to https://dublin-oh.finalforms.com
#3 Pay the sport participation fee of $30.00 payable to Karrer Middle School Athletics or use the EZ Pay system.
#4 Please make sure needed inhalers and epi-pens are with your child's KMS coach during their sports season. Epi-pens and inhalers that are in our KMS nurse's office will not be removed to be used for your child's sports season on a daily basis.
Please check the fall sport of your choice for more information. Athletes wanting to tryout for a KMS Athletic's fall TEAMS should plan on being at all days of the try out process. We must be fair and considerate to all, thank you for understanding.
- "HOME OF A KARRER ATHLETE" signs are available in the athletic office for purchase. Please have cash or make check payable to "KMS Athletics" for $20.00.
- KMS Athletes who see a doctor during their sports season and are pulled from competition, must have a doctor's note allowing them to return to competition. No parent or coach can take the place of the doctor's authority on this. Thank you for understanding this rule and abiding by it.
- Attendance, Absences & Same Day Athletic Participation: A students must attend at least 1/2 day in order to compete in their same day athletic contest. This means a student-athlete must attend the morning session of school until 11:48 AM or be in school no later than 11:48 AM and complete the remainder of the school day to be eligible for that day's competition event. Students must be in school at least four periods to be considered eligible to participate.
- Concussion regulations (please know the law): Take a look at the forms and info on the right hand side of the page.