What is at risk if Issue 15 fails?
Issue 15 is a combined 7.2-mill operating levy and 0.77-mill bond issue, for a total of 7.97-mills. A yes or no vote on the issue is a vote for or against BOTH the bond issue and the operating levy. The issue will cost $244 per $100,000 of home valuation on an annual basis.
If the issue fails, more than 150 positions would be eliminated. The budget cuts would include $1.5-million needed to offset the loss of bond funds used for maintenance, equipment, and technology.
Teachers, support staff, and administrators would all have to be reduced. Some current programs would be restructured or eliminated, transportation would be restructured, and educational options would be impacted.
The district has already reduced spending by nearly $16-million since 2007 without impacting classrooms. If Issue 15 fails, the cuts would impact our students.
Reductions to be made if Issue 15 fails include:
- Reduce supplemental contracts
- Decrease expenditures within graded course of study
- Reduce stipends
- Reduce extended time
- Reduce Professional Development allocations
- Reduce field trips
- Reduce World Language offerings
- Reduce elective courses
- Reduce buildings/grounds/maintenance services
- Restructure busing
- Reduce reading support
- Reduce technology support
- Reduce department/building budgets
- Current programs restructured/eliminated
- Reduce administrative staff
- Reduce educational options
- Increased class sizes (Reduce certificated staff)
- Reduce non-instructional (support) staff