M.Ed Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
B.A Miami University, Oxford, OH
School Counselor, 29 years
3rd Grade Teacher, 4 years
Providing Child Advocacy for Bailey Students
School Counseling Messages For Parents
- - The Dublin City School District's Elementary Counseling Program consists of classroom lessons, small group counseling, individual counseling, and parent/teacher collaboration/consultation. All of these practices correlate with the American School Counselor Association Standards and the Dublin City School Counseling Framework.
- - Being "proactive" is a major emphasis as each classroom will receive several lessons throughout the year. Topics such as self-regulation, resiliency, anger management, anxiety/stress management, friendship/social skills, empathy/ respect, responsibility, conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making, leadership skills, and personal safety will be discussed.
- - Guidance classes support and promote our culture of enrichment that includes the following thinking habits: collaboration, perseverance, communicating confidently, thinking flexibly, creativity, and asking questions.
- - Guidance letters will also be sent home electronically. These letters will give you several parenting tips and strategies to help your child be successful academically and socially.
- - There are many parenting resources in the guidance office. If you are looking for a certain "guidance topic" or have any questions please don't hesitate to call or email.