This is my 16th year at Scottish Corners, and I feel so fortunate to be the librarian here. Our library facility is incredible, and the students, staff and parents of Scottish Corners are amazing! SCE's library aide, Casey Hendricks, in her 5th year here, is also a great asset to our library. Mrs. Hendricks previously taught at SCE as a 4th & 5th grade teacher. Our ultimate goal in the library is to promote a life-long love of books, information, and reading. To reach that goal, we provide a great assortment of wonderful books, both the newest titles, and the classics. We also try to create an informal, warm atmosphere in the library. Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions, questions, or concerns.
The SCE library has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children's literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children "hooked on reading" by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add many new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including author visits, book fairs, and reading contests.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let us know. We'd love to have you.
Mrs. Hendricks and I are ready and excited about this coming year and are committed to making the library your child's favorite place in the school!